Residential Drain Inspections
Getting to the root of the problem
When you suspect something’s wrong with your drain or sewer lines, it’s important to have specialists equipped to identify and resolve the problem right away – that’s where we come in. Whether it’s a recurring drainage problem, a real estate inspection for a new home buyer or any unknown drainage issue. URGENT DRAIN takes out the guesswork with our Drain Inspections by providing our clients with a first hand look via our drain inspection. Once complete you will have a written report detailing what our findings were and what we recommend to resolve any problems we find.
Video cameras are one of the most valuable tools in the plumbing business. Specially designed waterproof plumbing cameras allow plumbing technicians to conduct a visual inspection of sewer lines and other underground pipes, including pipes under cement, concrete slabs and under your home’s foundation. This also includes smaller pipes line your kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and tub drains.
To begin your drain inspection, a professionally trained and skilled technician inserts a rod with a high-resolution video camera on its tip into your sewer lines. These high-tech drain cameras are flexible, allowing them to travel through twists and turns in sewer lines and thoroughly examine pipes and pipe walls in drain lines from 2 inches to 36 inches in diameter.
The video footage is transmitted to the technician in real-time, so the condition inside your sewer and drain lines can be assessed immediately. You’ll be able to view any problems right on a monitor, and footage is saved for future reference. Plumbing cameras are just one part of our sewer line inspection process.
For a Drain inspection and other Urgent Drain sewer line services, contact Urgent Drain in your area at 833-888-2564
Video Pipe Inspections
One of our trained technicians maneuvers a specialized, miniature video camera through the drain or sewer pipe. As the camera travels through the pipes, the video footage is displayed on a monitor. This provides a first-hand look at the condition of the drainage system from inside of the pipe. The inspection is then recorded in digital format. Our special video cameras can look inside pipes that are anywhere between 2 and 36 inches in diameter. We can pinpoint problem areas and recommend the most cost-effective solution for you. Our high-resolution cameras record grease buildup, tree root damage, leaks, broken pipes, and obstructions.
A video sewer inspection can cost averages around $350-$500, depending upon the length of the pipes being inspected, local rates, if the inspection is being done in tandem with other work or as a job that is separate, and whether the images are just sent live to a monitor or are recorded to allow for later viewing.
Drain inspections are sometimes recommended for plumbing renovations that include adding a bathroom or remodeling an existing bathroom or kitchen to ensure your sewer line can handle the increased needs.
Typically, drain inspections are done when there is a problem in the line such as a hard to clear blockage
Our advanced inspection tools and techniques allow us to:
- Identify defects that cause raw sewage backups
- Eliminate underground drainage guesswork
- Prevent inaccurate diagnosis of problems
- Document pipe condition
- Ensure the right drain service is performed
- With our inspection technology, we can get a comprehensive look at your drain and sewer lines.
Purchasing A New Home?
- A home purchase is one of the largest purchases you will probably make.
- Inspecting the home’s sewer line BEFORE you purchase will let you know if the line is in good condition.
- It is an excellent way to discover any existing and potential problems.
- Most Home Inspectors do not examine the sewer line, which can turn out to be a costly mistake. If they do inspect the sewer they do not have the resources or technology to make any repairs.
- Having Urgent Drain perform a drain inspection. of your sewer line is more cost efficient. We have the knowledge, experience and the state of the art equipment. We will provide you with a detailed written report. A copy of your video on a flash drive, and an estimate to make any repairs if needed.